A supervised and individually tailored program specifically for over 50’s to regain and maintain muscular strength. Conducted in an accessible, safe and friendly group environment.
The Strength for Life program promotes health and well-being amongst people over 50 through strength training programs run by our accredited trainers.
What does Strength for life offer you?
Participants have access to:
- Supervised, progressive strength training sessions 4 times per week at an allocated time
- At least one suitably qualified fitness instructor to oversee the session.
- Assessments for all clients by an accredited trainerand a personalised program.
- Low costs
- An accessible and safe environment for people 50 years and over
- An area for participants to socialise before and after the exercise session
About strength training
Participants in the Strength for life program engage in progressive strength training, using appropriate and increasingly heavy resistance under the supervision of a trainer.
Muscle strength can be regained and maintained no matter what the age and physical condition of the participant. Supervised strength training is not a high risk activity for over-50s.
Benefits of strength training
Research has shown that strength training can alleviate the effects of chronic conditions such as Arthritis, Type 2 Diabetes, Osteoporosis and Heart Disease.
Strength training has also been shown to:
- improve balance and reduce risk of falling
- enhance mental wellbeing
- improve body composition (more muscle, less fat)
- raise self-esteem and self-confidence
- reduce lower back pain
- enhance older people’s ability to undertake activities of daily living and maintain an independent lifestyle
Monday – 12pm
Tuesday – 12pm
Thursday – 12pm