Pilates involves performing a range of exercises which teach awareness of the breath and alignment of the spine. The class is also designed to strengthen the deep torso and postural muscles which assist with keeping the body balanced and the spine supported, preventing injury. Controlled movements are used to tone, condition and strengthen body parts in a relaxed and low impact way.
Try our “Not Just Pilates” classes. These are not your traditional Pilates classes. Not Just Pilates classes are a fantastic way of toning your body using traditional Pilates moves but to upbeat and faster pace music. This class is fun and full of energy which makes a great group fitness environment. These classes are one of our most popular classes on the timetable and have to be experienced. Book now!
Wednesday – Not Just Pilates – 7pm
Thursday – Pilates – 10:30am
Benefits of Pilates:
- Improves stabalisation of the spine.
- Increases muscle strength, particularly in the abdominals, lower back, hips and buttocks.
- Helps with mobility and precision.
- Improves posture and the alignment of muscles, coordination, balance, muscle tone and flexibility.
- Increases bone density and lung capacity.