Ginger benefits for health
Benefits of ginger
- Anti inflammatory properties to reduce joint pain, aid in the treatment of arthritis, gout and appendicitis.
- Eases nausea and motion sickness
- Clears the throat and congestion. Ginger is one of the most active herbs in warding off colds and flu’s.
- Stimulates perspiration to regulate body temperature
- Increases efficiency of the digestive system.
Where to add some ginger into your diet.
Ginger is available in many forms such as crushed, fresh and powdered making it easy to incorporate into meals and even drinks, adding flavour and a digestive kick. Ginger works great in :
Salad dressings and marinades
Try this simple ginger and hoisin chicken recipe for a quick week night meal.
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons rice wine
2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
600g chicken breast fillets
200g dried rice noodles or egg noodles
200g snow peas
4 green onions thinly sliced
1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds.
1) Combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine and ginger in a jug. Place chicken in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add half the sauce mixture. Turn chicken to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
2) Spray a barbecue plate or chargrill with oil. Heat over high heat. Cook chicken for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through. Remove to a plate. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes. Thinly slice
3)Meanwhile, cook noodles following packet directions. Add snow peas for last 30 seconds of cooking. Drain. Remove to a large bowl. Add green onions and remaining sauce mixture. Toss to combine
4)Top noodle mixture with chicken. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve.